The secret
In some movies,
the location means nothing but in other movie like the secret the location is
everything. Everything started from an old school building and there was a
piano. So, the movie cannot start without special piano in school. An old
school building is a very important element in the movie the secret because
male and female main characters met each other there.
At
first time, female main characters, Gwei lun-mei, started time travel
accidentally. She was an outcast in her school because she was an asthmatic patient.
One day she went to the old building which will be demolished in graduation
day. While she was looking around there, she found out a special piano score.
Magical rule was written in on a piano sheet. ‘If you play this piano sheet you
will go to the future’. Gwei lun-mei played that song and in the future Jay
Chou heard her piano song. After this time, Gwei lun-mei kept doing time travel
in that old building and they fell in love. If this location was not existed, they
cannot start their relationship.
Also,
Jay Chou went back to the past in the old school building. He was waiting her
for long time but he could not see her. So, he went to her house and he knew
everything about her secret. That day was graduation day so workers were
demolishing that old building. So, he ran to the building and played piano in
fast version. Finally, he went to the past and even he could not come back to his
daily life.
A movie the secret cannot be developed without
the old school building. This is because Joy Chou was able to meet his fiancé there.
If you were Joy Chou, can you give up everything for your girlfriend?

i love this movie and last spring i had trip to Taiwan so that i could visit this school! when i was there, the atmosphere of the movie actually reappear in my mind and i felt almost being the character, Gwei lun-mei!
답글삭제i really agree with the magnificent element of place in this movie. as the movie is my favorite, i would watch it someday later and enjoy actual settings with more kinds of sense.
I really like this movie, too. I even play the main theme ost of the movie sometimes. The pure love of the main characters let me be immersed in watching the movie. I hope to visit the school, the main setting of the movie. I agree with your opinion that the movie cannot be developed without the old school building. The school is also an important part of this movie.
답글삭제Wow really? Did you go to that school? that's amazing!! When I watch that movie, I always think that I want to be there sometime.
답글삭제I agree that that special place is essential in this movie. I watched this movie may be 5 times? and it's always so impressive;)
I envy you that you can play that main piano song. I do not know how to play piano so I just listened that song many times. It is so great and if you listen that song when you want to have sweat dreams that also nice!
답글삭제I saw the movie but not totally, so I just remember the piano parts. Though, as I read the essay, the background, the old school, seems to play a very important role in the movie. The place where only two people know, which is related to the title of the movie, and the way or the efforts to go there makes them more loving.
답글삭제I should watch the movie again, the whole thing!^^
Thanks for your comment;)
답글삭제Yes!! You should watch whole movie...hehe this movie is such a wonderful masterpiece. The scene that they play a piano is also best part in that movie.
There are so many piano scene though haha my favorite piano part is piano competition part.